Find relations between circles and angles

engineer88

Hello,

Maybe it is because it has been too long for me since uni, but I'm trying to find the red circled values in the picture below. I can't find it. It's about the distance between the two circles and the angle of that line. The distance between the outsides of the circles is 30 [mm] (the non-dotted lines tangent to the cirlces). All other known values are in the picture.

Can someone advise me how to find the asked values? It's driving me nuts!

If anything is unclear, pleas let me know.

View attachment 15658

Hello,

Maybe it is because it has been too long for me since uni, but I'm trying to find the red circled values in the picture below. I can't find it. It's about the distance between the two circles and the angle of that line. The distance between the outsides of the circles is 30 [mm] (the non-dotted lines tangent to the cirlces). All other known values are in the picture.

View attachment 15658
Your attachment cannot be found by my computer!

Hello,

View attachment 15658
You are asking about the "values" of "the" two red circles. What values? Which two? They are all red. The distance between which two red circles? And the angle of what line? What do you mean when you say the distance between the outsides of the circles? I don't see any non-dotted lines tangent to any of the circles. Everything about what you want is not clear.

You are asking about the "values" of "the" two red circles. What values? Which two? They are all red. The distance between which two red circles? And the angle of what line? What do you mean when you say the distance between the outsides of the circles? I don't see any non-dotted lines tangent to any of the circles. Everything about what you want is not clear.
Prof. Kurtz, it appears that you have access to the image that goes along with this post. Neither Mr Khan nor I can see the attachment. Could you repost the image?

Prof. Kurtz, it appears that you have access to the image that goes along with this post. Neither Mr Khan nor I can see the attachment. Could you repost the image?
He has apparently deleted the image as I can't get it now either. However, on another forum someone posted what I think is the same problem with an image that I think is the same. Maybe the same poster for all I know. Look here:

Sorry! I just read all your replies just now. The holidays.

Can you see the attachment now?

GDu3wLGGK8.png

I think you need to explain in words how this is drawn, and what the various quantities mean.

Do (78,53) and (5,00) mean lengths, angles in decimal degrees, or something else? What is the center of that arc or the vertex of the angle, and what defines the lines it is between? Are the things marked "fx" diameters?

I could make some guesses, but an actual explanation would make it a lot easier.

I think you need to explain in words how this is drawn, and what the various quantities mean.

Do (78,53) and (5,00) mean lengths, angles in decimal degrees, or something else? What is the center of that arc or the vertex of the angle, and what defines the lines it is between? Are the things marked "fx" diameters?

I could make some guesses, but an actual explanation would make it a lot easier.

All angles are in degrees: 78,53 and 5,00 are indeed degrees. My apologies.

I will try to explain how this drawing came into existence:
The two circles should respresent the outfeed and infeed roller of two conveyors. What you see here is the transition between the first and the second conveyor. The rollers can be any diameter (different suppliers) and the distance between these rollers is also variable (in this case 30 mm). Of course, the angle of the conveyors is also variable (e.g. 5 and 15 degrees, can also be negative).
In the CAD-program I use I have the ability to pass the location of the center roller of the first conveyor to the second conveyor. In that way I can snap the 2nd conveyor to the first. With the info from the first, the second conveyor should then calculate it's position in space. This is in a nutshell.

I hope this explains.