Theorems about the circle and triangle

miraclezz

Hi!! I tried to post this earlier but I don't think it got uploaded, but if it did I'm sorry for a double post 😵‍💫! Either way, I'm really confused on the different theorems of the triangles and circles. I just really struggle with the terms and especially proving them (which is a big part of my course). I can understand the really simple questions, but with those that require you to figure out which theorem(s) to use I get dizzy.. Does anybody have tips on how to think?

On a more specific note, here is a question I've been struggling with for a while. I solved a), but b) just gives me a headache:') it says "In the figures, the distances AB and AC are parts of tangents to the circle. Determine the angle alpha."

Attachments

• IMG20240406124501.jpg
    IMG20240406124501.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Hi!! I tried to post this earlier but I don't think it got uploaded, but if it did I'm sorry for a double post 😵‍💫! Either way, I'm really confused on the different theorems of the triangles and circles. I just really struggle with the terms and especially proving them (which is a big part of my course). I can understand the really simple questions, but with those that require you to figure out which theorem(s) to use I get dizzy.. Does anybody have tips on how to think?

On a more specific note, here is a question I've been struggling with for a while. I solved a), but b) just gives me a headache:') it says "In the figures, the distances AB and AC are parts of tangents to the circle. Determine the angle alpha."
I've also Google-translated the "Tips!" part (from Swedish it turns out): "Drawing guide lines can be a good strategy when solving geometric problems." I am not sure what they mean, but I'd draw radii from the center (call it "O") to A & B and figure out angle AOB.

Also, you might find helpful the "Inscribed angles" section in this page.