tutorials over messaging application

xplanor

Just wondering if anybody has ever given a one-to-one tutorial over messaging application here? I'm thinking of MSN, Yahoo and Skype. Was experience useful? Or perhaps it wasn't?

I've conversed with people who have attempted to "do math" over the phone or through chat sessions. From what I've heard, it ain't pretty.... :shock:

xplanor said:
… has [anybody] ever given a one-to-one tutorial over messaging application here?

Are you referring to the Private Message (PM) feature here?

I have done it through text messaging before with a friend. Very fusturating, even with a full-qwerty blackberry.

thanks for the replies .. no I've just started on these here forums, so I wasn't referring to private messages.

sounds like a pretty negative experience .. I see.

Overall the forum style tutoring, or better said, question and answer mode seems to be pretty good.

However, what it lacks is that guarantee of quick response that real-time applications give you, and the fact that there's a lack of ownership of the answer to the question. That would be the advantage of the chatting application.

I'm just taking a look at this ziizoo app ... maybe there's a few others. Cheers.

xplanor said:
thanks for the replies .. no I've just started on these here forums, so I wasn't referring to private messages.

sounds like a pretty negative experience .. I see.

Overall the forum style tutoring, or better said, question and answer mode seems to be pretty good.

However, what it lacks is that guarantee of quick response that real-time applications give you, and the fact that there's a lack of ownership of the answer to the question. That would be the advantage of the chatting application.

I would disagree

I'm just taking a look at this ziizoo app ... maybe there's a few others. Cheers.

Happened with me a couple days ago. Instead of a math problem on Yahoo, some smileys replaced some of the problem, so it was something like [angry face]+8a=(9+[cool face]. Haha. I forgot exactly what my friend said but make sure your smileys are disabled before tutorials over IM! Lol.