Teacher

msmarvelous

Hey, I'm in the enriched math path in my school(entering 10th grade). Over the summer, I was learning a statistics curriculum so I could pass the test and take Precalculus with seniors.
Unfortunetly, I didn't pass the test and I'm feeling really really bummed... :cry:
The test was monitored by a teacher-my upcoming teacher.
I'm embarrassed that I didn't pass the test and that he might think I'm stupid.
If you were a teacher, you wouldn't dislike a student for pushing themselves and trying right?

Try not to fret over ridiculousness.

A single test failure is no indication of stupidity. It only suggests that, at the time of the test, you were not familiar enough with the information to be able to correctly answer a fixed number of questions in some fixed amount of time.

For example, let's say that Galactus and I take the same test, and we are both capable of answering each question correctly. However, Galactus needs only 45 minutes to finish, whereas I need 90 minutes. Unfortunately for me, the test is timed for 60 minutes. So, Galactus passes, and I fail.

Does this mean I'm stupid? I think that it would be ridiculous for me to think so.

Regarding your question as to whether or not teachers dislike students who "try", I don't understand what you're thinking. Why would they?

I'm also not sure why your school requires statistics as a prerequisite for precalculus. If potential precalculus students need to fret over something, then they should fret over potential lacks of comprehension in algebra and arithmetic.

You're much too young to be bummed over this. You've got plenty of time.

msmarvelous said:
I'm embarrassed that I didn't pass the test and that he might think I'm stupid.
Don't worry about what anybody thinks of you...
if you do, you're giving 'em free room and board in your head :wink: