Separating GST+PST Tax Total

scottbrandon

What you have written is unclear. 10% of 1000 is 100, but
1000 - 100 = 900 rather than 990 so your numerical example makes no sense.

“Took another 10%” for Greenwich Mean Time is not 10 dollars; we already said that 10% of 1000 is 100.

Now whether your agent gets an extra ten percent of your royalties for clock watching or just gets an extra 10% of the basic commission for clock watching, the answer will not be 990. It will either be 890 or 800.

I cannot tell how the commission at 12.5% is factored into your example. And what does that agent take for clock watching?

Please clarify your question.
Hello. I have been searching for how to separate the two taxes so that they are on separate lines. I have tried using the Canadian Separate Tax Hack with no luck. I have read somewhere in the forums that this contribution may not work anymore.

I have been scouring the forums and have found a lot of info on how to get the taxes to work, but not much on this subject.
Currently, my orders have the tax line description as GST+PST which is ok but I would like them separated as would my client.

Please post a specific example of what you're asking about. People may not be familiar with GST+PST or how the Canadian government determines such figures. Thank you. 🤖