School is over

Aladdin

Hey all,

Today thursday, the 4rth of June was my last school day , I have finished exams (doing awesome) . I will be in grade 12 next year which is almost hard and needs some serious work .

What I want to verify that I'm puzzeled what to do in summer , I'm consisting on putting a teacher in summer to help me catch some lessons that are hard (some say Conics , integration..) I dont know ,Or would I bring next years books and thier answers and review by my self without the teacher ?? which way is better .

I appreciate all the help this forum gave me this year and I'm watching to be next year :wink:
Thank you,
Aladdin

I like to recommend retrenchment. Rather than flying ahead, work on everything you glossed over from previous years. It can be a very useful exercise. I like to go through previous texts, look at each problem section, and ask myself, "Is that easy?" If the answer is "Yes", move on. If the answer is "No", work a few until the answer is "Yes", then move on.

Thank you for your reply. Infact, I well do so when I will study the lessons of the next year , but the main problem that I'm looking to solve : -) Is it better to study with a teacher in summer OR -) Would I study by myself .

Thank you

Depends on your learning style.

As for myself, I would prefer that I study the last yera's math thoroughly - by myself - and have no doubt that I can do every problem in the old textbook.

Thank you,
You both mean that it's better to learn what I have learned this year well , and you think I will have no problem next year ?

It is VERY unlikely that any teacher in any classroom setting will go through the course curriculum at YOUR speed, or anyone else's speed. You almost certainly missed something, either because things were moving too quickly or because it was too slow and you fell asleep.

There is value in retrenchment. If you can save a teacher review, because you actually come prepared, the teacher will appreciate you.

tkhunny said:
It is VERY unlikely that any teacher in any classroom setting will go through the course curriculum at YOUR speed, or anyone else's speed. You almost certainly missed something, either because things were moving too quickly or because it was too slow and you fell asleep.

There is value in retrenchment. If you can save a teacher review, because you actually come prepared, the teacher will appreciate you.
Thank you , I really appreciate your advice . So you think revising by my self the previous lessons and then study with the teacher ,but can't I study next years lesson by myself ? ?

Aladdin said:
tkhunny said:

Thank you , I really appreciate your advice . So you think revising by my self the previous lessons and then study with the teacher ,but can't I study next years lesson by myself ? ?

You certainly can study next years' lessons by yourself. What people are recommending is that you study last years lessons first. The point they make is that - although you think everything was easy, you may find, as you read, that certain things were not so easy after all.

Studying ahead, or behind, will both have the effect of preparing you better for next year.