Probability Theory Proof-Based Book

jpanknin

My class is using Blitzstein and Hwang for a probability theory class. I find the book lacking in explanation. I used Gary Chartrand's book, "Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics," to go over chapter 13 on combinatorics and I found it super helpful for the class. Unfortunately, combinatorics is the only probability content chapter in the book and didn't go over conditional probability, random variables, expectations, etc.

Does anyone know of a book similar to Chartrand's but for probability? I found his book great in the sense that it started at "intro" level and worked its way slowly to some decently complicated proofs and concepts.

My class is using Blitzstein and Hwang for a probability theory class. I find the book lacking in explanation. I used Gary Chartrand's book, "Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics," to go over chapter 13 on combinatorics and I found it super helpful for the class. Unfortunately, combinatorics is the only probability content chapter in the book and didn't go over conditional probability, random variables, expectations, etc.
Does anyone know of a book similar to Chartrand's but for probability? I found his book great in the sense that it started at "intro" level and worked its way slowly to some decently complicated proofs and concepts.
Sorry for this late reply. Having taught probability many times I have as many as thirty different textbooks but I have never seen the ones you mention, Therefore I cannot be sure how to answer your request. But I recommend Jim Pitman's book PROBABILITY as the most comprehensive, complete, and readable.