Please help me step by step.

Katienm95

I haven't done algebra in years and recently had to take an assessment for a tradeschool. Not realizing it would have anything to do with algebra. I couldn't remember how to do it at all. Copied down some of the equations.

20240717_104127.jpg

I couldn't remember how to do it at all.
Hi. Please show us anything you've tried, so we can check it. Are you familiar with order of operations? To find t, we substitute the given values for w and d, and then we do the arithmetic in the correct order.

For example, in the expression 2w–d^2, we square d, we multiple w by 2 and then we do the subtraction.

The notation d^2 means d-squared, that's two factors of d multiplied together: d×d

2×3 – 2×2
= 6 – 4
= 2
:)
[imath]\;[/imath]

I haven't done algebra in years and recently had to take an assessment for a tradeschool. Not realizing it would have anything to do with algebra. I couldn't remember how to do it at all. Copied down some of the equations.
What's the meaning of expressions being one on top of the other?

What's the meaning of expressions being one on top of the other?
Yes, the OP will need to clarify that, if they require more help.

I've supposed that t is a product of two algebraic ratios (the product being the "value of t") and the OP didn't copy the fraction bars.

If t is a 2×2 matrix, then the given expressions just need to be replaced with their values.

I can't think of other possibilities, unless the OP failed to write a comma present in the middle. :)
[imath]\;[/imath]