math word problem

jamesj79

the office ladies have noticed that homeroom teachers have a hard time getting their attendance cards down and done correctly. Out of the last 10 , here is the list of how many times the 7th grade team got their attendance done correctly.
Mr. Mann (6), Ms, Larsen (8), mrs. kadera (10), mrs. read (9), mr. Bosik (7),and mr. duff (10). If the trend continues how many incorrect attendance cards would the office expect to see from 7th grade team over the next (5days).

I am thinking to add all numbers divide by 6 not real sure sort of stuck on this one

jamesj79 said:
I am thinking to add all numbers divide by 6 not real sure sort of stuck on this one
How did your teacher show you?

Hello, jamesj79!

The problem is rather silly, isn't it?

The office ladies have noticed that homeroom teachers have a hard time getting their attendance cards done correctly
Out of the last 10 , here is the list of how many times the 7th grade team got their attendance done correctly.

. . \(\displaystyle \begin{array}{cc} \text{Teacher} & \text{No. correct} \\ \hline \text{Mr. Mann} & 6 \\ \text{Ms, Larsen} & 8 \\ \text{Mrs. Kadera} & 10 \\ \text{Mrs. Read} & 9 \\ \text{Mr. Bosik} & 7 \\ \text{Mr. Duff} & 10\end{array}\)

If the trend continues, how many incorrect attendance cards would the office expect to see from the team over the next 5 days?

How can we discern a trend from just one incident?

Jamal scored 85% on his last quiz.
If this trend continues, what are his expected scores on his next five quizzes?

Today the temperature is 74 degrees.
If this trend continues, what are the expected temperatures for the next five days?

Like I said . . . silly!