HIV math problem

borinbuscadecuartos

Hello i am stumped. the question is the death of artificial feeding is A= 5 x .785 raised by t which equals time in months. and the additional risk of death from breast feeding is B=2.

the question is what age is the additional risk of death from breastfeeding the same as the additional risk from artifical feeding.

im thinking it would be A=B
then 5 x .785 raised by t = 2 then solve for t however it always comes in a negative answer which can't be true.
the i have to find when if breast feeding a smaller risk and what is the change in additional risk of death from artificial feeding based on age and i have no idea how to solve these.

borinbuscadecuartos said:
Hello i am stumped. the question is the death of artificial feeding is A= 5 x .785 raised by t which equals time in months. and the additional risk of death from breast feeding is B=2.

the question is what age is the additional risk of death from breastfeeding the same as the additional risk from artifical feeding.

im thinking it would be A=B
then 5 x .785 raised by t = 2 then solve for t however it always comes in a negative answer which can't be true.
the i have to find when if breast feeding a smaller risk and what is the change in additional risk of death from artificial feeding based on age and i have no idea how to solve these.

I get

t = 6.64 month = 7 month