have another one...

mathconfused

I can't find in my math book how to solve this problem...i would really appreciate anyone explaining how to set this up

Suppose the line ax-4y=9 is perpendicular to the line 8x=-11-3y. What is the value of a? At what exact point do these two lines intersect?

Thanks to anyone that can help

mathconfused said:
I can't find in my math book how to solve this problem...i would really appreciate anyone explaining how to set this up

Suppose the line ax-4y=9 is perpendicular to the line 8x=-11-3y. What is the value of a? At what exact point do these two lines intersect?

Thanks to anyone that can help

What is the relationship between the slopes (m s) of two mutually perpendicular straight-lines?

mathconfused said:
I get very confused with this...I don't know where to go next

do you have an answer for:

What is the relationship between the slopes (m s) of two mutually perpendicular straight-lines?

mathconfused said:
No, I don't have an answer for that

This may be a supremely dumb question...but did you check the index of your textbook for "slopes of perpendicular lines?"

Or, did you try an internet search, using Google or your favorite search engine?

When you have found the relationship between the slopes of perpendicular lines, we MAY be able to help you further.