Distance from a known line

Terry Daigle

I am installing a propane tank on my property. The tank is 41” in diameter, and the valve on the tank is in the center of the tank. The valve has to be 10’ from the property Line. How far from the property line do I need to start my slab to achieve the 10’ once I put my tank on the slab. The slab will be 5’x11’

Reactions: Zam
Hello Terry. Is the long side of the slab parallel to the property line? If it is, then it seems like you would subtract from 10 feet the horizontal distance from the valve to the edge of the slab. To be confident that we're all thinking the same situation, can you post a rough sketch?

:)

...are you putting the tank in the center of the slab? Just make sure that the tank is 10' from the property line and put the slab wherever you want.

How far from the property line do I need to start my slab to achieve the 10’ once I put my tank on the slab.
Hi, I had time to guess-a-sketch (long side parallel to property line). If the valve is centered above the slab, then it's 2'6" from the slab's edge (horizontal distance). That edge would be 7'6" from the property line. If the county inspector is stopping by, maybe 8' would be prudent. ;)

D66F4588-76EC-4678-86F7-6D21411154CD.jpeg