Chess math question

AceMcKillYoFace

Let's say I have USD $0.01 (a penny) and place it on one square of my chessboard. The next day I place 2 times the first day (that would be two pennies). The next day, I place two times the previous day (that would be four pennies). At the end of the days it takes me to fill the chessboard, if I purchase The King's Treasure (949.99$) boards with the money until it was all spent, how many one versus one chess games can be played at the same time?

AceMcKillYoFace said:
Let's say I have USD $0.01 (a penny) and place it on one square of my chessboard. The next day I place 2 times the first day (that would be two pennies). The next day, I place two times the previous day (that would be four pennies). At the end of the days it takes me to fill the chessboard, if I purchase The King's Treasure (949.99$) boards with the money until it was all spent, how many one versus one chess games can be played at the same time?

The above does not make sense - how many one versus one chess games can be played at the same time - huh??!!

May it was not supposed to make sense....

AceMcKillYoFace said:

Upona little more reflection - first thing to do is to calculate how much money was placed on the chess-board.

To do that - do you know how to summation of geometric series?

AceMcKillYoFace said:
I believe so

That's the ticket:

2[sup:djdrizni]0[/sup:djdrizni] + 2[sup:djdrizni]1[/sup:djdrizni] + 2[sup:djdrizni]2[/sup:djdrizni] + 2[sup:djdrizni]3[/sup:djdrizni] .....+ 2[sup:djdrizni]61[/sup:djdrizni] + 2[sup:djdrizni]62[/sup:djdrizni] + 2[sup:djdrizni]63[/sup:djdrizni] = ???

Use it...