Stuck on chapter polynomial and rational inequalities

Beer induced recall and recommendation follows.
Can someone explain to me how to do polynomial and rational inequalities? Im stuck in the book algebra 1 for dummies workbook. Are there better books then dummies?

Also,
The Humongous Book Of Algebra Problems 2008 W. Michael Kelley

Unfortunately, borrowing has been disabled.
There's always free YouTube.

Last edited:
After all those videos and tutorials, i still dont understand qauadratic inequalities. I dont understand how to get a answer with a number line. Can someone help me please

After all those videos and tutorials, i still dont understand qauadratic inequalities. I dont understand how to get a answer with a number line. Can someone help me please
In order to help without writing a new, perfect book for you, we'll need to see what you don't understand.

Please show your attempt at an example, so we can see where you go wrong, or else show a worked example from somewhere and point out which parts you don't follow. The more you explain of your own specific difficulties, the more we can help.

On previous page you see my attempts on writing paper. I try to explain what i dont understand.. i dont understand how you come to answers and interval notation s from the answers.

On previous page you see my attempts on writing paper. I try to explain what i dont understand.. i dont understand how you come to answers and interval notation s from the answers.
We've responded to you since that. Clearly we don't fully understand what your difficulty is, and you don't fully understand what we have said. So try again, just you are asking us to try again. We both have to help each other!

Please be as complete as you can about the steps that confuse you, both in what you wrote, and in what I said in response.

Hey Bladeren. I'm happy to show you a different way to solve quadratic inequalities. How are you at graphing parabolas?

Great! So here's some questions for you:

1. Do you know how do determine whether \(\displaystyle y=ax^2+bx+c\) opens up like \(\displaystyle \cup\) or down like \(\displaystyle \cap\)?

2. Do you know how to find the x-intercepts of \(\displaystyle y=ax^2+bx+c\) ?

Uhm, i use the dummies workbook. Next to explanation you find a task. Without help of my workbook i cannot complete the task. So i dont know to determine and to find the x-intercept.... Oke, i have much to learn

Uhm, i use the dummies workbook. Next to explanation you find a task. Without help of my workbook i cannot complete the task. So i dont know to determine and to find the x-intercept.... Oke, i have much to learn
OK.
If the coefficient of \(\displaystyle x^2\) is positive then the parabola is shaped like \(\displaystyle \cup\).
If it is negative, the parabola is shaped like \(\displaystyle \cap\).

Did you know that?

You can do it bladeren. I trust in your abilities. Professor Jambo has once told me that it sometimes takes a lot of time to understand the idea of the new lesson. But once you understand it, you understand it for a lifetime.
This is me .

Now i do :D This is algebra I stuff. I am between pre-algebra and algebra I.
Good. Remember that.
Now, to find the x-intercepts of a parabola (or any graph for that matter):
You know that any point on the x-axis has a y-coordinate of 0. Yes?
So, simply substitute y=0 and solve for x.
So, consider the function \(\displaystyle y=x^2+3x-4\).
Put 0 in for y and solve for x. Can you do that?